Jewish Community Association of Austin
The goal of the Outreach and Engagement Department of the Jewish Community Association of Austin is to strengthen and broaden our community by reaching out to newcomers, interfaith families, unaffiliated and others, and assist them in their search for Jewish community. We also assist our local institutions, through partnerships, to help integrate these individuals into Jewish communal life.
Programs We Offer to Open Our Tent
- Public Space Judaism programs > "Celebrations"
- Interfaith Couples Group/Counseling/Events > "December Dilemma" Discussions
- Public Space Judaism programs > "Menorah Lighting"
- "The Mothers Circle"
- Adult Education
- Beginner Hebrew Classes
- Disabled/Special Needs
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (GLBT)
- Interfaith Couples Group/Counseling/Events
- Introduction to Judaism/"Derekh Torah"
- Beginner Hebrew Classes > Learners Shabbat
- Adult Education > Melton Mini-School
- Multiracial and Jews of Color
- PJ Library
- Public Space Judaism programs
- Single Parents
- Staff Sensitivity Training
- Young Adults
- Austin Jewish Business Network
Lisa Apfelberg, Director of Outreach and Engagement