Temple Hesed of Scranton
Temple Hesed welcomes anyone and everyone who is Jewish, has an interest in Judaism, and/or is part of a Jewish family. Many interfaith families are active in our congregation, as are many people who chose Judaism as an adult. We strive to welcome the LGBT community.
Programs We Offer to Open Our Tent
- Public Space Judaism programs > "Passover in the Matzah Aisle"
- "Taste of Judaism"
- Adult Education
- Beginner Hebrew Classes
- Disabled/Special Needs
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (GLBT)
- Holiday How-To Workshops
- Introduction to Judaism/"Derekh Torah"
- Mentor Programs
- Multiracial and Jews of Color
- Preparation for Conversion/Post-Conversion
- Public Space Judaism programs
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first) > Publicly-Advertised Membership Discounts
- Single Parents
- Young Adults
Rabbi Daniel Swartz