Congregation Leyv Ha-Ir~Heart of the City
We foster a caring community by nurturing each other's spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical lives. We encourage and accept each other's varied paths and expressions of Judaism. We value traditional and contemporary liturgy in a participatory setting to explore an evolving sense of the Divine. We are inclusive and accepting of difference. We enhance our Jewish identities by study, social action, and participation in the larger Jewish Community.
Programs We Offer to Open Our Tent
- Public Space Judaism programs > "Menorah Lighting"
- "Taste of Judaism"
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (GLBT)
- Interfaith Couples Group/Counseling/Events
- Introduction to Judaism/"Derekh Torah"
- Multiracial and Jews of Color
- Preparation for Conversion/Post-Conversion
- Public Space Judaism programs
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first) > Publicly-Advertised High Holiday Discounts
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first) > Publicly-Advertised Membership Discounts
- Single Parents
- Young Adults
- Community Second Night Passover Seder
Jewish Reconstructionist Federation
Beverly Hayden, Vice President