The Mayerson Foundation's Fusion Family program, for interfaith and conversionary families
A Perfect Blending of Backgrounds and Traditions for Interfaith and Conversionary Families
It's not always easy for one couple from two different religious backgrounds to turn "yours and mine" into "ours." But now there's Fusion, an initiative of The Mayerson Foundation for families in which one partner was born Jewish and the other either converted to Judaism or is considering his or her options, or is comfortable with things just the way they are. Fusion is the perfect "no strings attached" way for families to meet others just like themselves, learn a little bit - or a little bit more - about Jewish customs, rituals and traditions, socialize, and have a great time!
Fusion offers FREE events throughout the year. Some past programs have included:
- Top Chef Tots, a hands-on cooking event in a private area at Kroger Fresh Fare at Kenwood Mall where kids got to make and eat three traditional foods typically served on popular Jewish holidays.
- Friday Night Fuse Cruise, Shabbat dinner and hands-on challah braiding workshop aboard the Celebrations Riverboat for a summertime cruise on the Ohio River.
- High Holiday Honeybee Buzz About, a honeybee demonstration, apple pizza making and other hands-on fun, including a chance to hear the sound of the shofar.
- Beary Merry Mitzvah, a private event at Build-a-Bear workshop at Kenwood Towne Centre where young participants make one bear for themselves and one to be given to a child in need for the holidays. Snacks and an engaging program about what it means to make a "mitzvah" are all part of the fun.
Programs We Offer to Open Our Tent
- Interfaith Couples Group/Counseling/Events > "December Dilemma" Discussions
- "The Mothers Circle"
- Beginner Hebrew Classes
- Disabled/Special Needs
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (GLBT)
- Holiday How-To Workshops
- Interfaith Couples Group/Counseling/Events
- Introduction to Judaism/"Derekh Torah"
- Beginner Hebrew Classes > Learners Shabbat
- Multiracial and Jews of Color
- Single Parents
- Fusion also offers the New Traditions Tool Kit program - a series of free gifts to help families from different religious backgrounds incorporate Jewish holidays and customs into their lives.
visit www.fusionnati.org or call Julie at 513-703-3343 for more information about New Traditions and other Fusion Couples and Fusion Family events and resources.
Pam Saeks, Director of Jewish Giving