Jewish Community Center in Manhattan
The JCC in Manhattan is committed to providing programming for individuals who are interested in engaging in both Jewish and non-Jewish community activities. The JCC has one-time and ongoing activities. There are ample opportunities to take advantage of free programming for everyone, from the unaffiliated to the more observant. Programs are offered for individuals across the lifespan and with a variety of abilities.
Programs We Offer to Open Our Tent
- Public Space Judaism programs > "Celebrations"
- Public Space Judaism programs > "Menorah Lighting"
- "Taste of Judaism"
- Adult Education
- Beginner Hebrew Classes
- Disabled/Special Needs
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender (GLBT)
- Interfaith Couples Group/Counseling/Events
- Introduction to Judaism/"Derekh Torah"
- Multiracial and Jews of Color
- Public Space Judaism programs
- Financial Needs/Incentives (offered without requiring newcomers to ask first) > Publicly-Advertised Membership Discounts
- Single Parents
- Staff Sensitivity Training
- Young Adults
- Free Shabbat Programming
Melissa Lader, Director of School Age Special Needs Programs